A 19-year-old man from Ishnath Municipality, Rautahat, who returned home after recovering a week ago, has been brought back to the isolation ward of Narayani Hospital after his report was found suspicious.
He was brought to the isolation ward of Narayani Hospital from his house at around 7.30 pm on Saturday. Three Indian Muslim missionaries and the young man were discharged from Narayani Hospital last Sunday. A young man from Rautahat had undergone treatment in the isolation ward of Narayani Hospital since April 22 after he tested positive for corona.
According to the hospital, he was discharged on April 29 after testing negative for Covid-19 on April 29 and 30. After receiving the news of his discharge, his relatives came to Narayani Hospital with an ambulance to pick up the youth. After the discharge, the youths had been living at home with their relatives for a year.
Chief Medical Superintendent of Narayani Hospital, Dr. Madan Kumar Upadhyaya, said that the young man from Rautahat was brought to the isolation ward as he had to undergo further tests. According to hospital sources, the throat swab of the discharged youth was positive when re-checked.
"Two days after the discharge, information came from the National Public Health Laboratory that the throat swab of the young man from Rautahat should be collected and sent again," said the source, who did not want to be named. The report is negative.